torsdag 5 april 2012

Raw Easter treats and green buds



I am walking around with a silly smile, kissing all the green buds. Yep, it´s that time of year.

It´s official, summer is here. Ok, Ok.. maybe not. But fact is that I do not have to put on my rubber boots when going for forests walks and I can lay down in the grass without looking like a soaked animal when rising up. These are good things, yes, great in fact but there is one other thing that beats them both and it involves these Raw Easter Treats. Ready?


For as long as I can remember me, my sisters and brothers have gone searching for Easter eggs in the garden. Come rain, come snow (!), come sun. We were there in our PJ´s running around with huge smiles on our faces and even today I can recall the exhilaration of it all. The early morning smells, the sensation of the wet grass on my fingers, the violets and finally the taste of chocolate. Yes, it´s all there in my treasured memories. Let´s all hope Fabian hides an egg full of goodies for me this year, shall we?! And if he is lucky he´ll get some of these Raw mini brownies in his.

 

Fun & Fabulous Facts

So we all know I´m a big fan of Raw desserts (understatement) and when inspiration flows ingredients like Cacao butter can come in very handy. Have you ever met the Raw Cacao butter? If not, it´s about time you two got introduced! 

We sadly still live in a fat obsessed time where calories are counted and processed low fat products sell like hot cakes. This is a huge problem since there is no way that these faux "foods" will ever feed our body with high quality nutrients, energy or love. Do you want your skin and hair to shine? Do you like it when your brain functions? Is fertility and hormonal balance important to you? Um, YES! This is why you ought to consider rethinking the fabulous fats. If you cut back on whole pure fats and only eat low quality fats, we have ourselves a problem.

I´m just going to spill it. Cacao Butter is partly a saturated fat but it´s still good for you (whaaaat?!). There are in fact various types of saturated fat and not all of them are "bad" in that way that media has taught you to believe. It is true that they should be consumed in moderation but that goes for all foods from cucumbers to toffee or from carbohydrates to vitamins. When you eat say virgin coconut oil or cacao butter you get these good types of saturated fats that we all need for a healthy brain, proper nerve signaling and happy hormones. Cacao butter is also an amazing source of Vitamin E which protects the cell membrane when attacked by free radicals - nice! 


I do not want to leave you all confused by the talk on different types of fats. Let me just say this; I´m all about high quality and balance when choosing what to eat. It may sound super boring but get this, a greenylicious and balanced diet will let you have way more fun than any microwaved low fat dinner will. I think we can all agree on that.. especially when it comes to making Raw, healthy and full of flavor desserts, right?

If you happen to get any cacao butter left after making these Easter treats I suggest melting it with some coconut butter and pure vanilla, pour it into a small glass jar and refrigerate = the greatest body butter ever! (Not to mention you can eat it if you would ever get the urge. Convenient since your skin will smell of divine chocolate ;)


Raw Easter Citrus Treats
  
These "mini brownie bites" are wildly versatile. Cut them in larger pieces and eat like an energy bar or simply wrap small squares in paper and put them in the Easter egg. This recipe is nut free and honestly, one of the best dessert combinations I have ever tried.

Makes 25 "mini brownies"

Citrus layer 
2 cups shredded coconut (4.7 dl)
3 organic oranges - zest & juice
zest from 2 organic lemon
juice from 1 organic lemon

1. Mix the shredded coconut in a food processor until a bit creamy
2. Add the zest from 3 oranges and 2 lemons
3. Add the juice from 3 oranges and 1 lemon and mix again until incorporated
4. Put plastic film in a pan (mine measured 10 * 3 inches /25 * 8 cm) and spread the citrus layer evenly onto the bottom of it. 
5. Put the pan in the freezer and let it sit there while you make the chocolate layer

Chocolate layer
2 cups dried dates, pitted (4.7 dl)
8 tblsp water
7 tbslp Raw Cacao (or regular organic)
1 pinch of Himalayan salt/Celtic sea salt
1,6 oz (45 grams) Cacao butter

1. Roughly chop the dried and pitted dates and put them in a food processor along with the water. Mix until it turns into a thick paste
2. Add the Raw cacao and the salt and blend for approximately 20 seconds more.
3. Melt the Cacao butter gently over hot water and add it to the food processor once it is in liquid form. Mix for another 20 seconds.
4. Spread the chocolate layer on top of the Citrus layer and sprinkle some whole hemp seeds and cacao powder if you like. 
5. After 30 minutes in the freezer you can cut it into smaller pieces and store in the fridge (or eat right away).

Fill the Easter egg for your loved one with these treats or simply eat them yourself (I think I´ll do both;). And remember, go out and give those green amazing buds some kisses and love!

Let´s meet on Twitter and Facebook, friend! I would love to know in what blissed (and tasty) way you are celebrating this weekend! 

°°Elenore°°




29 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Elenore !
    I discovered your blog recently and it really made me interested in raw food, so first of all thanks for this great inspiration and lovely recipes you are spreading around !
    I wanted to ask you a question: I will be in Stockholm soon for a trip and I was wondering if you could advise a good raw food restaurant? Based on your recipes I thought I could totally trust your taste ;)
    Thank you very much in advance !
    Eli

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Eli! wow, thanks a million - so great to hear that I can provide you with glimmering inspiration! Stockholm is unfortunately not a big Raw Food city though there are a few great places that have super high quality food and great vibes.
      Matdistriktet- a combined shop and restaurant
      Goodstore- Has some raw take away but is mostly an organic food store
      Gryningen- A really great store for finding new products and inspiration
      Blueberrie Lifestyle- on different locations in the city. Both a store and with light take away meals/juices/smoothies
      Juiceverket- a juicebar with a fun menu

      For more tips - check this site out:http://www.rawfoodstockholm.com/

      Have an amazing trip an let me know if you find anything really great!
      Elenore

      Radera
    2. Thanks a lot ! I'll make sure to check these out :)
      Have a super nice day !
      Eli

      Radera
  2. These looks so fantastic! I am really happy it's Spring too, i want to incorperate edible flowers into Everything!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I do too! Not a lot of flowers yet here though.. but soon!

      Radera
  3. Beautiful sweetie! I want to make these for my mum! haha :DD

    SvaraRadera
  4. Åh så fina, ska testas ikväll! Tack tack tack för dina vackra recept och fantastiska inspiration!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Håller tummarna för att de passade superbt i ditt påskägg:) Kram!

      Radera
  5. Dom blev såååå mumsiga <3

    SvaraRadera
  6. I love this idea so much. :-) After nearly dying last year from a shattered immune system, I'm having such fun learning ways to restore and heal this ol' body of mine. You and your blog are deliciously inspiring. :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I´m amazed to hear (and read) about this strong journey of yours and I am so incredibly glad that I am able to give you some joyful inspiration (not to mention great immune boosting stuff!) Much love!

      Radera
  7. Chocolate & oranges are on of my favorite sweet combos. These look divine. Have a wonderful & energizing Easter.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. M-mmm! Mine too! That and Chocolate/Mint - Yum!

      Radera
  8. Beautiful easter treats! that yellow easter color is so cute, have to try them when we get back from the country side... :-)

    SvaraRadera
  9. Looks amazingly beautiful!!!! You have inspired me to do something similar today : ) But I will use coconut oil and cacao butter as a base for my chocolate layer instead of dates! : ) Such a great idea to use oranges here btw! : ))
    Hugs <3 emma

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. M-mm mums! du får berätta hur din version blev, emma <3

      Radera
  10. Hi Elenore!
    Your recipes are incredibly inspirational, so kudos to you! I happened upon your recipe for avocado soup over at Golubka and it looks otherworldly! I am, however, a bit perplexed as to the amounts used. Personally, 1,5 avocadoes does not strike me as a particularly large amount of food for four people. Since this meal seemingly is on the lighter side, how would you eat during the remainder of the day? Please understand that I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I'm really inspired by your food. I have a bothersome tendency to lose weight quite easily, so I felt I had to ask.

    Blessings,
    Chris

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Chris! so glad that you found your way here from beautiful Golubka! I just love that site! Also, many thanks for your encouraging & sweet words about my creations:) Makes my heart sing! So, over to your question. The soup (plus grissini!) is a light summers lunch for four people. If you choose to only eat the soup then I strongly recommend having more avocado in the soup or eat some raw crackers with tahini on the side. So. Do not see only the soup as a full meal since it is complete when eating with the grissini. I understand your concern when it comes to loosing too much weight - that we do not desire! If having this meal as lunch then I would go for 2 good snacks that day (apart from breakfast and dinner of course. Perhaps a small chia pudding sometime am and celery sticks with almond butter sometime pm. The most important thing is for you to be in touch with what, when and how much you need to eat. Gut intuition will regulate.

      Do get back to me if you have any other questions!
      Happy eating:)

      Radera
  11. Bonjour Elenore !
    I've discovered your blog today and WOUHAHA it's so beautiful and yummy ;)
    I'm rawking in a super-free world too (in France).
    Here's my website (still under construction) :
    http://amevaillante.com/

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Carole! Ahhh, how I wish I knew French! Good luch with building your site (looks like it´s coming together beautifully!)

      Much love and bliss!
      E

      Radera
  12. Hi Elenore,
    I'm so happy to have found your blog, so much amazing inspiration! Citrus and chocolate are so good together. Will have to make these as soon as I can get my hands on some cacao butter.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hey Sofia <3
      So glad you got here! I look forward to hearing how your easter treats will turn out!
      bliss
      E

      Radera
  13. Elenore, this looks so delicious, yum yum! :)

    SvaraRadera
  14. Elenore, this looks aaaaah-mazing! I love the combination of coconut + chocolate, and coconut + citrus, but have never thought of combining all 3 - genius, utter genius. I'm on a pretty strict diet right now, but as soon as I can have these ingredients I'll be whipping this up.

    I found your blog recently, and I love the enthusiasm that you bring to each post - can totally feel it!, and your excitment about eating feel good and healthy food. Your commitment to wellness through beautiful, whole, nourishing food is awesome, and I can't wait to see more. Lucie x

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh wow, what words you are writing Lucie! Love explosion in my heart! Do tell me how the treats turned out once you are off the diet. Oh and I completely agree - these flavors = Golden marriage!

      SO looking forward to having you around <3
      Love

      Radera
  15. Hej Elenore,
    Thanks a lot for this wonderful recipe.
    I tried to send you an Email (elenore.b.zahn...gmail.com) but it doesn't work? Do you have a new one? Thanks a lot in advance for your reply (you've got my own Email : gregoire.jacob@voila.fr )

    Ha det så bra från Frankrike

    Grégoire

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi!
      So glad you liked it!
      My e-mail is currently at elenore.b.zahn@hotmail.com

      Have a blissed day!
      Elenore

      Radera
  16. Hello beautiful!

    I reckon this lovely concoction would suit any occasion, not Easter alone! One question, though: you say to use 2 cups of coconut and 2 cups of dates, yet when converting the numbers into metric, you say to use 2,8 dl of each. So, which one is it?

    Peace, love and coconut,
    Chris

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Chris! THAT one is an honest mistake, thanks a million for pointing that out:) And of COURSE this is a treat for tout le year! We would not have it any other way when it comes to treats!

      E

      Radera

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...